Why should anyone seek englightenment?

Dear All,
I am superlazy, very very irresponsible, and if you will ask some people..an idiot who doesnt know what he says. Somehow some people still feel, I am worth saying a few words, for which I feel greatly oblized, to maintain an image, which somehow satisfies my ego (which I would say at the present moment my destiny).
   I am reading a lot though, and my thoughts are greatly influenced, they are not unbiased and sometime as somebody suggested I feel like putting an age bar for reading this site. Whatever I say should not really decide anything, as whatever I say stays a concept and its validity is to be completely decided by you.
                            I don't thank enough some of the people in my life who are unknowingly making my destiny (almost playing Gods, rather playing for Gods), though they wouldnt mind it as well. And before I start talking nonsense, let me apologise from the bottom of my heart, for causing whatever pain you have gone through because of me. 


Do we really know what we want most in life? Even if we have all the success, fame and money we want, and the good health to enjoy it – are we happy and fulfilled? Why is it that we all find ourselves seeking something more from life – all the time? Isnt that true for each one of us, at some time or the other, has a taste of what that is: an uninterrupted experience of peace and harmony. We can achieve this constant repose in our ordinary, hectic, daily living. This is what the seeking – most evidently, the spiritual seeking – is all about. 

Thus, basic question still remains: Why should anyone seek 'enlightenment' or 'Self-realization'? 

A simple examination of one's personal experience will reveal that what usually disrupts the peace and harmony in life is a thought about something we think we – or someone else – should or shouldn't have done. Hence, a massive load of guilt and shame for oneself, or hatred and malice for the other, is perpetuated. Without a lot of arduous effort – work, discipline, sacrifice, sadhana – without outside assistance, but simply by investigating one's own experience, it is possible to get relief from this bondage. What mystics have said for ages, is viewed from the perspective of modern living: that actions are 'happenings' and not something done by someone. This understanding is what actually contributes to and helps us in discovering the state of equanimity and peace which we most ardently seek. 


Kind Regards


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Flowers and Decors. Powered by Blogger